Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
THE CRX
977 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Steelhead salmon smoke up.
Sorry i dont have real instructions on how to make guys but real simple, huge Ziploc bag to place in for marinade.Leave for 24 hours. Smoked for 3 hrs over charcoal.

Attachments

·
Registered
THE CRX
977 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Temp was too high, that's not smoked that's smokey fish. Smoked salmon is smoked for atleast 6 hours to get the right moisture level. I bet it's still derisherous.
ohhhh, gotcha, but yeah it was very derishirous. LOLZZZ

it did have the smoky flavor to it, but for 6 hours? i dont know if the temp was too high, i had to keep fanning the coals in order to keep the heat on. not sure if i could have pulled that off for 6 hours. hahaha

·
endo_bobo
1998 Civic Sedan
877 Posts
What kind of grill do you have? Is it an offset smoker or actually over the coals like on a $30 Walmart rig? Just wondering, once you get the smoking bug it's hard to stop.

·
Registered
88 Posts
ohhhh, gotcha, but yeah it was very derishirous. LOLZZZ

it did have the smoky flavor to it, but for 6 hours? i dont know if the temp was too high, i had to keep fanning the coals in order to keep the heat on. not sure if i could have pulled that off for 6 hours. hahaha
The easiest way to do smoked salmon is in a little chief. The little chief brand chips suck though. It's best for jerky, salmon and cheeses. It doesn't get hot and really allows the meat to dry out. One of my friends borrowed mine and never gave it back.

·
Registered
THE CRX
977 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What kind of grill do you have? Is it an offset smoker or actually over the coals like on a $30 Walmart rig? Just wondering, once you get the smoking bug it's hard to stop.
Normal over coal mini grill. 30 dollar variety. Yup cant wait for next time.

·
Registered
THE CRX
977 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My bad, been busy with new son so I havent checked in. All my Washington residents stand up got good bbq weather lately

·
Registered
THE CRX
977 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Got some 80 degree weather going on and off up here in Seattle , when we say grill we mean outside.

·
Registered
THE CRX
977 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
nice ^^^

·
Registered
THE CRX
977 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
cast iron? hell yeah. old school like a mofo