Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
at the moment i have a vtec-e and i was wondering how hard is it to convert it to proper vtec?? how similar are they in terms of wiring?? i'm on obd1.

·
Registered
ej1
1,222 Posts
A Different ecu that would be tunable and head if you wanted more power unless you just ported the crap out of the z1 head ports You allready have a decent high cam but the head dosen't flow as well as the pencil intake and tiny throttle body. Which block are you running? The z1 vtec solenoid shouldn't be different than normal z6 vtec connectors but I'd have to see it.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
swap head swap ecu unless you have a cali po7 thy can be chipped. The z1 uses a strange o2 sensor it is a 5 wire you would have to swap to a 4 or turn off the o2 with tuning Software. Picks of inside of ecu currently?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i dont have the z1 i have a d15z8 which is the euro equivalent. i'm taking the whole engine out and replacing it with a d16z6 head and a d16y3 block as it has PM6 pistons in it so i'll get a lil more comp. will be runnin the P28 ecu.

so i take it, it should be out wit the old and in with the new all plug and play?????

1 - 5 of 5 Posts