Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
88 hatch
789 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm currently searching around at the dimensions of the throw out bearing to see if this is possible but also looking for other people thoughts. The reason for doing this is because i really like this trans, its got new carbon lined synchros, good shift forks and sliders, obx lsd, and the oem 4.437 final in it. It shifts like butter and I dont want to have to start all over by buying a hydro trans.

So basically is there any way to make this fully hydro. I had to put the Action 2ms back in it and holy crap is this thing heavy. I dont think the cable likes it very much and it kinda makes dd use suck.

·
Registered
11 Posts
if ur lucky, that's a eh 93-94? gsr cable tranny.
( i think i got the years right )
Because you can just swap your internals to an LS case
there's a guy on youtube explaining it. it's just a quick 4 min video explaining the concept.

·
Registered
2000 Tundra
153 Posts
I'd make a bracket and use a pull type slave cylinder before doing that. You may need to change masters though or change the attachment point of the slave on the throwout arm.

·
Registered
1996 Civic Type DX
4,167 Posts
Nope. If you like the FD, check the runout on the OBX. If it is the typical OBX, it will kill the FD in a rather short amount of time.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts