Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Administrator
93 cx hatch
16,376 Posts
i havent heard of it.. by why swap to a motor that has NO aftermarket support?? and im sure the mounts alone to do it would cost an arm and a leg....
i doubt that any previous gen tranny mounts to it either

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
i havent heard of it.. by why swap to a motor that has NO aftermarket support?? and im sure the mounts alone to do it would cost an arm and a leg....
i doubt that any previous gen tranny mounts to it either

i'll tell you why, it won't be long til they have aftermarket support. and from what i've seen they are strong motors. almost bone stock they are putting down 15's in the quarter with the heavy chassis. torque monsters.

·
Registered
06 coupe
1,464 Posts
really i dont mine the r18a1 its decent i think im around 16.6 stock in my auto fg1. i got a aem cai but its fucking junk so i took it off. but heres the thing ajp has a turbo kit almost out and they are putting down around 220 whp with stock exhaust and stock motor. now with a good exhaust and some work and a good tune i dont see why u couldnt get 300 whp out at only 8 psi. newayz id like to see the swap and maybe a cam hehe

·
Administrator
93 cx hatch
16,376 Posts
i'll tell you why, it won't be long til they have aftermarket support. and from what i've seen they are strong motors. almost bone stock they are putting down 15's in the quarter with the heavy chassis. torque monsters.
every one ive ran ive WALKED BADLY..... and my car is not that fast.. they might have alot of tq but for what it would cost to do it youd be better of going k swap.....

·
R2.....Zap Balls
94 Ex coupe
5,186 Posts

·
Registered
06 coupe
1,464 Posts
The r18 seem to be built pretty well. I tore one down and took some pics but didn't post them here. (being d-series only here) I suppose they could be posted in the product review section if there's an interest. Let me know.
post pics damn it i wanna see what the guts of this thing looks like before i blow them out all over the street at 8 psi haha

·
Registered
06 coupe
1,464 Posts
my fg1 coupe is 2680 half a tank of gas and without me in it. now my exs 93 dx was only 2160 that would make for a good deal of dif. i know id like to see one of the swaps done but thats only cuz im weird.

·
Registered
06 coupe
1,464 Posts
yup it sux

·
Registered
06 coupe
1,464 Posts
and has a slight hesitation and a very bad one with a aem intake lol

1 - 19 of 19 Posts