Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't seem to figure out why my car has a continuously lean A/F (15.0 to 18+) condition. Doesn't matter if I'm in boost (wot) or just driving normal (partial Throttle).

When my car was tuned it was on pump 93 oct and while under boost had a 10.5 - 11.5 A/F but today on the way to the king meet I notice a power loss and the 15-18+ A/F ratio.

I have a walbro 255, 450cc DSM injectors, B&M Adjust FPR and the FP gauge says 50psi with the hose disconnected and between 45-48psi (hard to tell) with vacuum.

Any thoughts/ideas would greatly help.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,226 Posts
Really????

got mine done to 30 psi at idle.

Till the FPR went bad and almost cost me a motor on a lean condition.

·
Registered
588 Posts
is the map sensor line tee'd to anything?

i had a similar problem when i had my map sensor tee'd to my bov, the bov had a slight leak, and made the wideband read rich at idle and lean in boost. i took the line off and made a dedicated line from the map sensor to the intake mani. never had the problem again.

·
Registered
588 Posts
also the car i sold redline7500 it runs at 55psi FP at wot and idles at 50.
it has the high pressure version of the 255 in it. also running dsm 450s. and no probs.

are you using the ecu to tune? or are you running a rising rate fpr along with the b&m?

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
what fp gauge are you running?

the bm fpr should go down lower then stock pressure, even with a 255. mine did.

condition of the injectors?

what was the pressure at when you tuned it?

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
when it was tuned all I had was the 255, The gauge an reg were added after.

:this is only an example not actual event:

"2 months after being tuned" On Monday my car was running a 11.0 A/F ratio and on Weds for some reason it's in the 15.6-18.0+ range and I can't figure out why....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts