Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I built my D16z6 with vitara internals and I'm about to be through the break-in period. The engine is running perfect and everything is like it should be.

At this point in time though, my RX7 has taken financial precedence over the Del Sol and I do not want to put a half ass turbo kit on it just to "get it done."

Would nitrous be a viable solution for the next, say, year or so to get it faster (safely) while I finish my RX7? I will still be boosting this engine, as I am keeping the Del Sol for a long while to come, but I can't drive my DD this slow for such a long time.

I could probably get a nice n2o setup for less than $600 or so, but I don't really know much about the theory of nitrous or the mechanicals I suppose. I had a 50 shot dry on my first hatchback and it was fun for sure. I just don't think a 50 shot of dry nitrous is going to get me what I want. I did some quick research and I know the difference b/w the wet and dry setups but then about a direct port setup and whatnot.

If someone had some good insight or some links specific to something like this it would be much appreciated.

Thanks guys.

·
Registered
517 Posts
You can score a zex wet shot(50-150hp) for about 300$....

Grab the purge kit for another 100$...

I wouldn't put more than a 75 shot on a civic man, not if you're gonna be tryin 2 play w/ it all the time.

But hell 600 bux, just save it man, key word is its your daily & patience is key.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Is your motor buil for turbo or nitrous?

You have forged internals?

I said no more than 75 because nitrous tears a motor up over time.. Especiall if the motors not "built" for it(sure you know that tho...) And if you're eventually planning on boosting the car you should be easy on it as to keep it in pretty good condition.

You already said 50 aint gonna be enuff to satisfy you bro, so you're gonna want more & more (speed & power)... how would you feel fuckin up your hard work on your daily because of a damn nitrous shot man?!

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well it is built for turbo. I figured that a tuned nitrous setup wouldn't affect a built engine anymore than a turbo setup. Or am I looking at it wrong.

·
formerly Kit88
ek hatch
6,233 Posts
your bottom end has been build with vitaras and forged rods, but you are running without a turbo, rigth??

there is a thread on the forum about a vitaras build w/nitrous.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You are correct, turbo-less right now. I did a quick search but didn't come up with much I thought was relevant, let me look again. Thanks.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I read that and another one just now. This was probably a bad idea, lol. I may just drop 1k on a cheap turbo kit for now and upgrade parts later on.

Thanks for the replies guys.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts