Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
goes from bov and vac lines to this question too. if i use a basemap for a t25 with 450 cc injectors, for my t3/t4 setup and 450cc injectors. will it run like crap? 6-8 lbs boost.

right now using fmu but really trying not to go into boost. its just there to compensate for part throttle acceleration. i dont floor it with that fmu in. lol too scared something will break or fall out my engine

or if anyone has a crome basemap for

d16y8 stock internals
t3/t4 turbo
450cc injectors
2.25 exhaust
2.5 down pipe.
2.5 ic piping
6-8 lbs or 9

if anyone has anything close to that lmk :)

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
its gonna run just as shitty on the basemap unless u get lucky.. basemap is just to get yor car to the tuner nothing else... ur not supposed to BOST on basemaps

every car is diff so it doesent matter if somone has somthing similar

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
a basemap is just that. a base to build off. do not run a base map and think youre done with the tuning. strap the thing on a dyno and tune it correctly. and the turbo itself doesnt change that much on the tuning end. boost is boost. as long as the injectors are the same and the boost is the same the base map should be a good start. but tune it before you blow your motor.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah i know thats why i want the basemap to take it somewhere not to think that im done with it. so if the one was set up for the 14b it should be ok then right no run it to the dyno?

i would tune it my self but i have no idea how much ig timing to pull or push.
should i do fuel first to get to afr and then do some timing? i have the headset to make a det can.

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
the turbo itself doesnt change that much on the tuning end.
wrong, different cfm. when dealing with a turbo, psi/boost numbers are irrelivant & cfm is all that matters. the size of the turbo (due to the change in actual air flow) will change the requirements of the fuel map. which will change the requirements of the ignition map.

in the case of the base map: it will more then likely work for you. since most baase maps are horribly rich and have a shit ton of timing pulled. that being said, i would not drive on it or boost on it. i would only use it to start the car to check for leaks.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
update:

i got it running an can kinda hear the bov now but exhaust is still too loud... due to open dp

now my question is
my brother noted to me he saw it shoot flames out the dp when shifting or decelerating, what this mean lol?

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
update:

i got it running an can kinda hear the bov now but exhaust is still too loud... due to open dp

now my question is
my brother noted to me he saw it shoot flames out the dp when shifting or decelerating, what this mean lol?
its rich as balls and the ign is retarded as fuck..

also if the basemap worked for a gy with a 14b in colorado and u have the same setup in florida the shit is gonna be way off.. EVERY little variable is gonna make the tune diff..

use the base to get to the dyno

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
one more thing, it smokes alot and i cant tell if its oil or not cause ive smelled this before just running open header without turbo or anything now turbo is on connected with full exhaust... maybe its just running excessivly rich like said before..

just trying to figure it all out before i go for tuning and such

1 - 10 of 10 Posts