Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2000 Civic Hatch EJ6
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been reading around and seeing a lot of conflicting info about this.
Here it is:
2000 civic dx D16Y7 in it currently
Junkyard 2000 D16Y8 engine (being rebuilt)
Junkyard 1998 D16Y8 engine harness

My whole idea is that the harness (OBD2a) will plug into the 2000 D16Y8 engine (OBD2b) with a little rewiring of the O2 and I guess the dizzy...? Am I correct? I'm plugging it all up to an OBD1 ecu chipped for the S300 and converted for the OBD2a harness to plug into. I've read that I will absolutely need the 99-00(OBD2b) harness for it to work and the OBD2a harness won't work at all...

·
Classic Man
Civic
16,355 Posts
Unless you are able to figure out the wiring, you need an OBD2B harness. Since you even have to ask, tells me you just need to get the right harness.

If you had the skills, this thread would never have been created, you would have started repinning and adding more wires, and used the harness already.

·
Registered
2000 Civic Hatch EJ6
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Unless you are able to figure out the wiring, you need an OBD2B harness. Since you even have to ask, tells me you just need to get the right harness.

If you had the skills, this thread would never have been created, you would have started repinning and adding more wires, and used the harness already.
well thats the thing. I've already read up on the rewiring for the o2 and dizzy and have that figured out. I have the skills on how to re-wire. please don't make assumptions. The question again is if there is something else about the OBD2a harness that i need to know about as far as they react to a originally OBD2b engine.

·
Premium Member
5,819 Posts
The distributor and o2 sensor are Notthe only thing that needs to be rewired. The green plug and the needs to be rewired and a few other things.

·
Registered
3,314 Posts
You need to use a 99-00 Harness, you can use your Y7 harness and add VTEC. You plan to use a OBD1 ECU so you wont need to add Knock. Y7 and Y8 use the same distributor so you can reuse your Y7 OBD2b distributor on the Y8.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts