Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well my tuner is done with my Vitara block and somthing is odd about the block. The setup consist of Vitara 75.5 from FJT, Eagle rods, ACL bearings, and golden eagle block gaurd, the top of the piston stick all the way up to the top of the block as if they were stock 9:1 compression. I know I saw another member posted a pic of his Vitara which was at TDC and the piston didn't even came close to the top. I know for sure that we didn't milled the top of the block to bring up higher compression, but well have to confirm with the machine shop.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
They should be slightly in the hole on a D16, in D15Bs they are slightly out of the hole

·
racist-bigot-sexist-homophob
11,892 Posts
Maybe I'm confused but why are your pics showing two different pistons?

The first pic doesn't look like a vitara to me.

·
11,892 Posts
The first pic looks like P29's to me.

Are you sure? That looks like a b-series block/ctr pistons with the siamese cylinders and all.

·
11,892 Posts

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Opps wrong pics nvm the 1st pic ever being there. But yah so it looks right? Cause we neverd milled the block.

·
11,892 Posts
Opps wrong pics nvm the 1st pic ever being there. But yah so it looks right? Cause we neverd milled the block.
Well maybe it's just me but in the second pic it looks like the piston is in the hole, not above it.

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yah, thats wat I mean isn't the Vitara piston when properly installed supose to be alittle below the hole (top of the block surface)?
Anyways I went to the shop and took pics. In the last pic you can see that the piston is alittle below the surface, which I thought that Vitara is supose to be alittle more lower for being 8.5:1 piston.

·
11,892 Posts
Yeah it's supposed to sit in the hole. Not to be a dick but the vitara isn't an 8.5:1 c/r piston. The c/r depends on many factors.

·
11,892 Posts

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
If you look closer they are not exacty flush up top..That have around 2mm down in the cylinder...

Do you have a micrometer to measure how much lower they sit?

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
I havn't done the calculation yet but It's gonna be d16z6 block(unmilled), stock head, OEM z6 headgasket, and ofcourse .5 overbore. Oh and no havn't mesured how low the piston actually sit. But If everything looks right and okie, then Ima just go ahead with puting It back together when the head gets back from the Machine shop. How many people here actually done a hard break in with the there vitara build/over taking it slowly?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts