Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In my crx I have a z6/y8 hybrid with a oil filter relocation kit that uses a PH8A oil filter, which is for large v8's. I haven't had a chance to find the oil pressure with this filter. I'm planning on doing a junk yard turbo in the next few days. Will the oil setup I have now have any bad reactions?

·
Registered
97 Honda Civic
1,784 Posts
with a smaller filter your gonna get high psi, but low volume. not a detrimental amount on a stock engine nor as exaggerated as you may think. but most recommend the S2000 or HAMP filter that is a little larger and allows an increase of psi and volume. The PH8A filter (which is Fram, cuz i used to work at walmart lol) is a nice sized filter and i see no problems in using it. i think it could be helpful as long as the filter media and internal construction are of good quality (which not all honeywell or frams can attest too). any OEM part such as ACdelco, Mopar, Honda or any other companies make a good filter. i didn't think that they would have filters for every other car manufacturers vehicle but they do.

This could be very wrong on all accounts though lol

·
Registered
3,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The damn thing is a beast of a filter, easy 3 times the size of a stock filter.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts