Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
93 Civic HB SI
1,816 Posts
isnt that one of those slaves that fit around the inputshaft sleeve,one piece with the throwout bearing ,like internal ,,I always hated cars that had that shit,
If that's what he's talking about, right there with you, internal slaves/throw out bearing assemblies suck balls. Some people must have a phobia of forks lol

·
Registered
Sloppy Jalopy
2,090 Posts
If that's what he's talking about, right there with you, internal slaves/throw out bearing assemblies suck balls. Some people must have a phobia of forks lol
Yep, nightmare.
like running with forks is a good idea
they always start stop working in the dead of winter

·
Registered
91 Hatch rally car
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That's what I'm asking about. It's pretty much the standard now. What's up with them? Why the bad feelings? I'm stuffing a B20 into a CRX race car and don't have any of the clutch system. It seems like an easier solution.

·
Registered
93 Civic HB SI
1,816 Posts
That's what I'm asking about. It's pretty much the standard now. What's up with them? Why the bad feelings? I'm stuffing a B20 into a CRX race car and don't have any of the clutch system. It seems like an easier solution.
About the time you get comfortable and love it, is about the same time it starts leaking and you have to pull the damn trans just to replace the slave.

Do enough of those type of slave replacements as a technician, and you start seriously cussing out the engineering team that JUST PLAIN REFUSED TO USE A HUMBLE FORK and keep all the fluid leak points EXTERNAL lol

·
Registered
91 Hatch rally car
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
About the time you get comfortable and love it, is about the same time it starts leaking and you have to pull the damn trans just to replace the slave.

Do enough of those type of slave replacements as a technician, and you start seriously cussing out the engineering team that JUST PLAIN REFUSED TO USE A HUMBLE FORK and keep all the fluid leak points EXTERNAL lol
Sounds like there's a trip to the pick-a-part in my future. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts