Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a dsm t25 and I was wondering if I would get good gains from upgrading the stock compressor to something like one from a GT2560R. I know it will involve having the cartridge base machined as well as the compressor housing..

·
Registered
258 Posts
What are you trying to achieve by upgrading?

I ran a the T25 from a S13 (dunno what you guys call that) and although it spooled ultra fast, it was out of puff by 5500-5800 rpm.
I don't think any upgrade would have given me the extra rpm I wanted.

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
from what ive been reading a larger compressor wheel will help top end but give a little more lag. suppose to be able to run a higher boost level as well..

i kinda want to keep this turbo cause it fits real good in my crx..

·
Registered
258 Posts
I'd just straight swap for a T28. My mate who I sold my T25 too did this after a few months and gained loads of top end puff and only incurred an extra 4-500 rpm in lag.

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
there was a chart online that kept popping up in different forums showing specs for common size turbos. this is it here, Turbo Size Comparison , im not sure how reliable it is though. most of the search result on T28 all seem to be pointed toward SR20 forums it seems like.

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ill have to scrap this plan. ill be getting a 16G that someone is giving me as a trade for an AMP. plan to get it rebuilt to spec and balanced at boost lab for about $300..

·
Registered
753 Posts
Good plan,
You have the dsm t25 so a t28 upgrade would mean changing manifolds (T2 vs dsm flange).
I just blew the oil seals in my T2554R and gonna upgrade to the T2560R, get a bit more top end and hopefully help w mpgs. (Since the thing spools by 2.5k)

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I was going to send my t25 for a compressor wheel upgrade. g pop shop does it for around $200 . they can fit T28 compressor wheel into T25 with proper machine work to its housing so it can fit the same way. they can also do the exhaust turbine. they sell a GT2860 with DSM housings for $885. I was considering it also but my goal isn't 350hp. ill be happy with around 275HP. my crx is a daily driver and its never going to see a track....

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Good plan,
You have the dsm t25 so a t28 upgrade would mean changing manifolds (T2 vs dsm flange).
I just blew the oil seals in my T2554R and gonna upgrade to the T2560R, get a bit more top end and hopefully help w mpgs. (Since the thing spools by 2.5k)
you can do a compressor wheel upgrade. look up g pop shop..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts