Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off hello everyone, I'm not quite sure this is in the right section..

Ok so here is the situation. I have a 94 civic dx and recently a buddy of mine and I install the complete ac system from parts from the junk (DX didn't have AC). I had the system flushed and charged but for some reason the compressor clutch or condensor would not engage when the button was engaged. After countless hours trying to figure out the problem I gave up. I finally bought new relays and to my surprise they both kicked on. What I didn't know is that the only way I can get them to turn on without a bypass or jumping is to have the ac button on before I turn the car on, but if I try and hit the button after the car is on nothing happens at all. Sooo my question is this normal or is there a way to fix this?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
It's only the ac components that act up. Heater works no problem every time. The temperature slider, all speeds of the blower and all vent positions change and work, but then I click the ac button nothing happens. If I start the car with the button clicked the compresser and condenser turn on with the car. Once they turn on with the car I can toggle the ac button off and on and they respond correctly, but only if the car is turned on with the ac button engage.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Reiterating what you stated in the first post doesn't change anything.
Ok thank you, was just making sure that I explained it as well as I could and thought maybe since everything else worked ok thought maybe someone else could elaborate, but I guess I'll be changing the control pannel and see what happens.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts