Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Boost Gets You Laid
Del Sol
4,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So before I parked my car and pulled the motor I did a compression check.

Starting at distributor side:
200-182-182-185

Haynes says some crazy shit like carbon buildup on the valves or w/e.... but the thing is, the head is clean as hell. There's barely any oil varnish in the top end, intake runners have no fuel varnish, and the valves look new.

I also had a small intermident missfire at idle... like it would idle fine, then miss once and then go back to normal. Car still pulled like a raped ape and throttle responce was great.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
honda/firebird form.
6,966 Posts
Inside the combustion chamber. That's what the Haynes is refering to. #4 is a bit high. That's odd.

Check your plugs and gap, cap and rotor, and plug wires.
whats that have to do with the compression numbers?

and whats the timing look like??

·
Registered
838 Posts

·
Registered
honda/firebird form.
6,966 Posts
He is referring to the miss fire.
gotcha.. yeah a bad wire, will ground its self out, and sound like its missing... and or plug gap and rotor could be the culprit also...

·
Boost Gets You Laid
Del Sol
4,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I planned on all new tuneup stuff. NGK plugs, NGK wires, Beck Arnley Cap/Rotor, Honda Fuel Filter. Plug gap was like 0.040" Mechanical timing was dead on.

I'm also going to re-ground the motor with some new chassis grounds.

But yeah, the high compression #'s on the 1 cylinder kinda concerned me.

I too found the secrete of the failtastic h22 timing belt tensioner. That bastard is bolted on to the waterpump and it's only like 4threads deep.... needless to say I broke that motha when I took it apart lol

1 - 6 of 6 Posts