Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yes ive searched but nothing pin pointed. im gonna be running a jdm d15b vtec with nothing touched on the bottom end.all thats gonna be done is head work and a exospeed stage 3 cam. what im needing to know is will that motor have enough compression to run that size cam,with just that done to it

·
Registered
'91 CRX Si
2,158 Posts
i emailed bisi and he told me to run the level2 in my d15b w/ stock bottom end....

·
formerly allnaturalrex
1989 honda crx si
4,639 Posts
yes it can be ran with stock compression. the head work would be very helpful as well with the stage 3.

·
formerly allnaturalrex
1989 honda crx si
4,639 Posts
what kind of head work are you getting done if you dont mind me asking.just remember a good valve job will do wonders.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
as far as i know just a good mild job. pp and 3 angle valve job and im not sure on the milling the head im not going to unless its needed

·
formerly allnaturalrex
1989 honda crx si
4,639 Posts
as far as i know just a good mild job. pp and 3 angle valve job and im not sure on the milling the head im not going to unless its needed
you don't need to mill the head if you don't want to its not needed. your in great shape so far buddy hope your happy when your all settled.

·
formerly allnaturalrex
1989 honda crx si
4,639 Posts
oh yea duh i just remembered whoever does your head that maybe they give it a slight mill just to clean up the surface and make sure everything nice and flat.

·
formerly allnaturalrex
1989 honda crx si
4,639 Posts
will there be clearance issues if it needs a mill
no sir this is like a minor clean up they will check if it needs to be given a nice shave. to keep everything nice and flat for a nice mating surface. dont trip it will be fine.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts