Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
allwheeldriveturboboxer
'08 Mazdaspeed3
2,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i did a compression test, hot engine, PowerFC disconnected and WOT, 7 cranks, and my numbers were 240-245-245-245...so, i do the 240 one over and over, 7 cranks each time, and it is like 240-235

...so, i then take literally ONE THREADS worth of oil, put it on the threads of the comp. tester, screw it in, and its now 245 everytime; without fail, itll hit 245+ each time but before the literally one/2 threads worth of oil on the threaded end of the comp tester, it was 235-240

Harry aka Ndcissive said it is possible there was a slight leak around the threads of that cylinder, however, I did screw it in rather snug... Ever seen this?

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
i have noticed higher numbers when i put oil on the threads on the tester.. i put oil on the threads and mine has a rubber seal i lube up to.. i relube it for every cyl so its even... there is only a few psi difference that i have noticed when i dont use oil on the threads... i also unplug my injectors... numbers shot up 15+ psi when i unplug them...245 kicks ass man.. mine is from 185-210

S

·
0 Posts
Because 1 and 4 are the same? Or they are with in a few percent of each other

·
Banned
3,428 Posts
Sorry but..

" I declare shenanigans.....get your broom"

For those of you still watching south park

1 - 8 of 8 Posts