Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a crx si with a minime (a6/z6) and id just finish doin the compression test and this are the result:

cylinder 1-215psi
2-210psi
3-215psi
4-210psi

What u guys think?

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think if u r 20psi different u might check ur piston rings or head gasket.Btw i have 155k on the block and 77k on the head using a d16y8 head gasket.

·
I also have a cool title
3,124 Posts
I wanna do a compression test im a total n00b(hence the name) when it comes to working on my engine. What do u mean by crank it four revolutions?

·
Registered
910 Posts
98CiviCn00b said:
I wanna do a compression test im a total n00b(hence the name) when it comes to working on my engine. What do u mean by crank it four revolutions?
I mean the piston needs to compress four times(so move up and down four times)

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
98CiviCn00b said:
Buy a copression test at the auto part (they are like $25.00).Unplug the sparkplug wires and the spark plugs.

Desconnect the fuel pump

Put the Compression test in the #1 cylinder and crank the car 4 times or till the gauge dont move anymore.Repeat this 3 more times.

Put everything back 2gether.

Show us ur results.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Rickcrx said:
I have a crx si with a minime (a6/z6) and id just finish doin the compression test and this are the result:

cylinder 1-215psi
2-210psi
3-215psi
4-210psi

What u guys think?
Hi Rick, what sort of compression ratio are u running on yr engine set-up with those readings??

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,251 Posts
Rickcrx said:

cylinder 1-215psi
2-210psi
3-215psi
4-210psi

What u guys think?
210-215 is normal for a mini-me swap, careful on the gas and timing with the added compression.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts