Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats up everyone, this is My first post on this site, looking forward to participating in the boards. I have a stock 1993 Honda Civic DX, recently I have noticed a lost in MPG, excessive oil burning, and just yesterday, my car started vibrating. I then did a compression test which gave me 200, 195, 35, 200 respectively. I am probably going to take off the head in couple days, my question is what am I going to expect to replace and problems linked to those readings.

·
wheres my money man!!
11,333 Posts
oil rings more then likely

a welcome to the site read the rules :)

You must have 65 posts of non-spam posts before being granted access to the classifieds. If someone has spammed their way into the Classifieds, please feel free to report the post, as a notification will be sent to my email.

1. Your post should include the following;
Item Description
Condition of Item
Pictures
Vouches (New guys, this mainly applies to you, vouches from other sites are fine)

2. Items offered for sale or trade must have prices posted. Items offered for trade only do not require prices. "Best Offer", "Interest check" and "price check" threads will not be tolerated.

3. Anyone wishing to sell items in the classifieds must either state the location of the items in their post, or have their location filled out in their user profile.

4. Don't sell stuff that belongs to your mom, cousin, sister, brother, friend, roommate, grandmother, etc. If the item isn't yours, and currently in your possession, don't bother.

5. Don't shit in other people's threads. If the price is outrageous, fine. No need to make a huge scene about it.

6. All topic titles must be a brief description of the items contained in the post. General or vague titles such as "FS: Lots of parts" or "FS: Garage sale" should be avoided. (It is already implied by the forum name that there will be parts for sale in the Parts For Sale forum.) However, a summary of the parts contained within such as "FS: D16A6 engine parts" or "FS: 1st Gen suspension parts" will be acceptable.

7. "Or Best Offer" options ("OBO") may not be used to sell an item at a price higher than originally asked for. For example, $50 "OBO" means that you may accept less than $50, but you will sell the item to the first person to offer $50. Lower offers may be refused at the discretion of the seller.

8. Don't post links linking us to your For Sale listing on other sites. If you can't take the time to write it up here, again, don't bother. This includes eBay. If you really need to make that extra $.04 by putting it on eBay, then leave it there. Don't waste our time with links to external sites.

9. NO "auction" listings in the classifieds. Do not list something to the highest bidder on this forum. If you want an auction, put your item on eBay. If you want to sell here, post a price that you are willing to sell it for and let it be.

10. Sellers should make every effort to avoid excessive thread posting. There is no need to post two or three threads per week as additional things appear that you wish to sell. Plan your sales, and show your fellow traders respect by not crowding their threads off the front page. Moderators reserve the right to require consolidation of threads or other action when appropriate.

11. Bumping of topics is limited to once every day of inactivity (aka no post that day), don't disrupt or interrupt someone else's ad (aka "hijacking"). If you are not genuinely interested in the item listed, do not post. Serious inquiries only.

12. In the absence of other agreements between seller and buyer, sellers are expected to provide reasonable tracking and insurance coverage of shipments appropriate for the value of the sale. It is the responsibility of the seller to undertake all investigations of lost shipments and the replacement of value lost by the buyer in such cases. Insuring any shipment with a value over $20 is strongly recommended.

13. Classifieds are for personal ads only. No business sales or continuous profit sales, we have a separate forum for approved vendors.

*** If you have questions, PM myself or modshxcivi, we are the mods of the Classifieds. ***

·
Registered
88 Civic Hatch
925 Posts
You will likely need to replace all piston rings headgasket and rod bearings...

·
Registered
88 Civic Hatch
925 Posts
^ very true...forgot about this...rep for you!

·
Registered
91 CRX Si
4,454 Posts
Yeah, A burnt valve could be the culprit. However, most I've seen register zero compression.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was thinking of disconnecting my injector for the third cylinder, but it wont bunge, how am I suppose to do this.

·
VTEC withdrawals
i "ride" yo momma
1,339 Posts
yeah man...welcome. but i like many others would take a close look at the valves when you pull the head. i almost suggested doing a Want To Buy thread but your not at 65 posts ughhhhh. um....id suggest any autoparts store over getting valves from the dealer. if you can afford it try to just go ahead and replace all the vlaves...imho....if one goes....the others will soon follow. if your tight on funds there are some tricks you can do to reuse your head studs...pm me if you want more details on that.

·
VTEC withdrawals
i "ride" yo momma
1,339 Posts
I was thinking of disconnecting my injector for the third cylinder, but it wont bunge, how am I suppose to do this.
use a flat head screwdriver and pry the metal "u" clip off. the plug will come right off. you dont need to pull the u clip completly off just get the ends out of the groove

·
VTEC withdrawals
i "ride" yo momma
1,339 Posts
now that i think of it....i wouldnt even mess with the injector....it wont give you poor compression. not that i know of.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts