Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
94 del sol
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey ya'll, i did a compression test fully warmed up and throttle fully open, the motor is a stock d16a vtec and got

cylinder 1, 210 psi

cylinder 2, 210 psi

cylinder 3, 205 psi

cylinder 4, 210 psi

i was wondering what that would be for a CR. I was also thinking of milling the head to bring the CR up but i dont know anything about this motor but im guessing its the same as a d16z6? help would be appreciated thanks.

·
Registered
610 Posts

·
Registered
94 del sol
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks, i was just curious if there was just a way if u can tell a rough cr. The engine is stamped D16a and it had a vtec solenoid so i know its vtec, and couldent find anything about this motor.

·
Registered
610 Posts
thanks, i was just curious if there was just a way if u can tell a rough cr. The engine is stamped D16a and it had a vtec solenoid so i know its vtec, and couldent find anything about this motor.
Yeah, I hear ya man. I searched and search. I was reading ancient Taoist scrolls and came across this - The meaning of life!!

Next time, try looking.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Raised the thread for a fast question...

Did a comp test today (ZC DOHC) with the engine warm and the results were around 170 psi on all four cylinders...Did not do a wet test. Engine has around 100.000 miles and burns a bit of oil...How do these numbers look to you (if we assume the mechanic's compression tester is fine)? Is there any lost power mid and up high cause of this?

Thanks.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts