Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey does any one think they might know my COMPRESSION RATIO???

i have an a6 block bored out to 75.5mm and the pistons and 9.0 CR and i got a y8 head on it im trying to do a turbo in the future so i want to know if my compression is good and i know u have to lower the compression when i turbo so if anyone can help he i would be vary thankful

and want are your CR on your turbo civics???

·
yellow bar for me
viper blue 92 eg
3,572 Posts
hey does any one think they might know my COMPRESSION RATIO???

i have an a6 block bored out to 75.5mm and the pistons and 9.0 CR and i got a y8 head on it im trying to do a turbo in the future so i want to know if my compression is good and i know u have to lower the compression when i turbo so if anyone can help he i would be vary thankful

and want are your CR on your turbo civics???
what kind of pistons are they and were can i find more info on the exact pistons you have. the y8 head is going to give you a slightly higher compression.

just kind of messing around with this
http://www.zealautowerks.com/dseries.html
i got around 9.5. i would say that would be fine for boost. but im not sure if the 9.0 pistons are for the A6 or the Y8. so that will alter my readings slightly.
my CR will be 9.18

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ARIAS FORGED PISTONS PART NUMBER 3320600 COMES WITH 4 TURBO 75.5 MM DISHED 9.0 COMPRESIOPN RATIO (HAVE RUN 32 + PSI BOOST ON THESE ALREADY OF COURSE WITH SLEEVES ) PISTONS 4 RING SETS 4 PINS AND 8 LOCKS **** COMPLETE AND READY TO INSTALL ..other bore and compresion available for the same great price call or e-mail for details

EAGLE H BEAM RODS PART NUMBER CRS5394H3D SET OF 4 (BALANCED WITHIN 2 GRAMS ) COMES WITH ARP ROD BOLTS READY TO INSTALL Please note: some minor clearancing at the base of the cylinder walls may be necessary. This is most common on older ZC, D16A, and D16Z6 blocks.

the pistons are for the a6 block

·
yellow bar for me
viper blue 92 eg
3,572 Posts
well using a -4.1 dome i recieved 9.0 on an a6 setup. so i put a y8 head on it and y8 2layer head gasket and it yeilded a 10.59:1 CR. with the y8/z6 gasket it was a 10.29. it would be nice for i small boost application. and it would have good throttle responce when out of boost.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts