Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some of you saw my old thread about the idle problem, well i found out what it is. Cylinders 1, 2, and 4 hold compression fine. Cylinder 3 had a 90% leak. i went back, adjusted the valve lash again, and now i have a 50% leak. the leak is coming out of the intake valves. My problem is, cylinder 3 holds compression when the car is cold, and thus will idle fine. when the car warms up, the idle drops down, car wants to die, and wont hold compression. ive checked and rechecked the valve lash, and a couple of guys from Brauning Motorsports, AUP, and other shops in the Mid-Atlantic area cannot find out what the hell is up with it. I know the valves cant be bent, and i also know its seating right, just because its fine cold, but acts up when warm. Anybody ever had this problem, or have any ideas on how to fix it? Im desperate here. Thanks in advance,

Nick

·
Registered
See above...
13,322 Posts
Sorry because I don't know the background, but how do you know the rings are seated right in #3? Sounds like once it warms up, you get blow-by...

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no bottom end work was done, the air was blowing out the intake, and i was talking about the valves being seated, not the piston rings.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts