Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
96dx saloon
990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
those of you that run a jrsc, what kind of compression do you have. i am thinking of running one on my build. it is 11.5:1. i would run 6psi. i think it would be nice setup and run on 93octane. what do you guys think.

ryan

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
those of you that run a jrsc, what kind of compression do you have. i am thinking of running one on my build. it is 11.5:1. i would run 6psi. i think it would be nice setup and run on 93octane. what do you guys think.

ryan
It would be tough to tune but fun as hell to drive!

A small ball bearing turbo would spool up just as fast without the parasitic drag.

·
FAMILY MEMBER #316
2,955 Posts
that avatar makes me laugh everytime ^^^^^

·
Registered
449 Posts
Im sure if he wanted to go turbo he wouldnt waste his breath ........

Anyways, quick search and I think 10.5:1 was were the sweet spot is with a supercharger ...... but dont take my word on it

·
Registered
822 Posts
Anyways, quick search and I think 10.5:1 was were the sweet spot is with a supercharger ...... but dont take my word on it
I'm thinking the same thing here... I see V8's running SC's on around 10:1 compression... I'd love to see a D-series rocking it.

·
Registered
96dx saloon
990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
everybody does have a turbo. i think it would be more fun with the jrsc because it comes on instantly. i have a good tuner. i just wondered if anyone ran this much compression with one before.

·
Registered
96dx saloon
990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
there are no jrsc for sale anywhere right now. its crazy. usually i can find at least a few people wanting to get rid of them.

·
R2.....Zap Balls
94 Ex coupe
5,186 Posts
there are no jrsc for sale anywhere right now. its crazy. usually i can find at least a few people wanting to get rid of them.
if you would've been looking last year I sold mine with a ton of shit for $500. Don't waste your money on a jrsc, there are a few of us on here that ran them and got rid of them for a reason ;)

·
Registered
96dx saloon
990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
if you could find me one i would be most appreciative. i want to give it a shot. i have been turboed before. i want to try something different.

·
R2.....Zap Balls
94 Ex coupe
5,186 Posts
if you could find me one i would be most appreciative. i want to give it a shot. i have been turboed before. i want to try something different.
aight, I'll keep and eye out for you and see what I can find

·
Potato salad!
93 Civic HB DX
298 Posts
It would be tough to tune but fun as hell to drive!

A small ball bearing turbo would spool up just as fast without the parasitic drag.
Tough to tune? Are you serious? I took a seminar with one of the owners of Hondata in November for D and K series motors. You tune the JRSC exactly like a NA motor. Simply, you bump up the fuel maps across the board.

The parasitic drag is negligible. When you compare that to the fraction of boost pressure lost due to an intercooler it really doesn't matter either way.

For low-midrange boost applications a supercharger is a great way to go for a simple setup. For a 6psi JRSC you don't have to do any special tuning out of the box if you follow the instructions from Jackson. If you go beyond that, then a chipped ecu is needed. Going high boost on a supercharger suddenly gets repulsively expensive. Anything past 11psi and an internal intercooler, air/water intercooler or water/methanol injection is required. The last method is by far the cheapest initially.

Another JRSC versus turbo thread is a waste. Each has their strong points and neither is "better" than the other. My Honda is supercharged and my VW is going turbo. It depends on what you want and how you plan to use it.

·
Registered
96dx saloon
990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
that is what i am lookin for is simplicity. i think the higher compression will be nice for the jrsc. not lookin for peak horsepower, just a nice broad powerband.

·
Registered
449 Posts
When I bought mine like 2 years ago or something JR had stopped producing our kits ......... there is prob none left, if any. Good luck and if I do happen to come upon one Ill let you know. Now they are rare :(

1 - 20 of 51 Posts