Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious...what is the highest compression pistons any of you have run with a turbo setup?

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
how would running 10.5:1 be compared to stock if you were running it without a turbo?

what is the stock C/R on a d16z6?

sorry if thats a stupid question...just trying to learn as I go! thanks guys

·
Premium Member
Civic turbo Hx/Ex
18,702 Posts
It's not that much of a difference from stock. I first had it at 8.5:1 because originally I put in lower compression pistons. After cracking a piston I decided I didn't like the lag as much and bumped it back up closer to stock.

Long story short... because of current events 8.5:1 - 10.5:1 is a big difference.

·
()*#$(*$
93 Legend L Coupe.
11,404 Posts
There's a dude with a 13:1ish A6 running a lot of boost with E85 and he has the most torque I've ever seen from 2000RPM. The dyno chart looks like a supercharger is on the engines, not a turbo.

I don't see any issues with having high static compression ratios with any form of forced induction as long as you build the combustion chamber to maximize efficiency and prevent detonation. The engine build I have in mind for my DOHC D is going to be around 10.5:1 when I am done, but it would be higher if I had different pistons. (I got a set of Rollerwaves for nearly free, and they were the -6.26cc units, not the slightly less dished -4.somethingcc.) I expect this to run perfectly well NA and with a turbo, provide a much faster spool time from a dead stop and also decrease lag time exponentially once thngs get moving.

·
Banned
443 Posts
I tuned a 12.5-13:1 CR Z6 with a 60-1. I'm ASSuming the CR based off of the compression test, 270 psi in each hole which was a little higher than my 12.5:1 D16Y5 put out.

Not the way I'd go, there is a smaller power ceiling with the smaller combustion chamber. E85 might help that out a lot, it might not, IDK because I haven'y had enough E85 experience.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts