Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i found a set of je forged pistons for $150 77mm bore
they are suposed to have a 11:1 on a v-tec head and 9.5:1 on a non v-tec is there a head gasket that i can put on my z6 head and block that can give me a safe compression ratio for a turbo build (evo3 16g @ 18-22 psi) with out professional tuning. i will be running hondata s300 but my brother and i are going to street tune it ourselves. also i am not going to sleeve this block, i was going to test out the block filling method, is oversize bor a bad idea for this set up? thanks much!

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
that would be a thick headgasket, the money your going to save on the pistons isnt worth the headache. Spend the little extra on some lower compression pistons. In the end it will work out alot bettter. And if you plan on running that much boost, I'm pretty sure sleeve's will be needed. I wouldnt street tune that kind of power either

·
Registered
629 Posts
i like compression and boost....but thats a little bit too much. At that much boost you won't be able to run pump gas, and a street tune is out of the question. If you do decide to do it, i'd go with water injection too.

·
The Master Fabricator
2,038 Posts
You cant run 77MM pistons without sleeves!

Can you send me a picture of those pistons. I probably have very similar pistons in my car (10:1comp 77mm) They are almost flat.

I run them with a super 16g at 15psi and make 272hp and 240 tq...

Also, for 150$, I would maybe be interested in a spare set ;-)

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well after reading everones responses i am going to go with a vitara set-up on this block. although i dont want to blow my motor the main focus of this project is to test the devcon/moroso block filling for myself and attempt to hit 300whp with an evo3 16g. my brother and i have street tuned his daily driven gst eclipse to 463whp and 431wtq. i know that we are talking about two completely different motors but i figured this would not be dangerous. is 300whp alot to street tune or have i found incorrect information about the kind of power that i will make with that turbo at those boost levels. also have we just been "lucky" not to blow anything on the gst or does this mean that perhaps we are actually better than average tuners or simply that the nature of the 4g63 block is not comparable?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts