Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The other day while i was staring at my engine bay while my car was running out of no where it dies. Ive tried my hand at everything and had it going for a few minutes turned it off started putting it back together and now it wont start. I know i should have a CEL because my o2 sensor is unplugged so i can run a wideband but i have no CEL as of now. The lights that are on are seatbelt, srs, oil, and brake. Im in the parking lot if a hotel and need to be out of here so any help would be greatly appreciated. Also i can not connect through the obd2 port to get readings.

·
Registered
7,232 Posts
go under the hood, check the fuses. They do pop occasionally, especially if your alternator and ELD is starting to go bad.

If you cannot connect to OBD2, check radio and ACC and ignition fuses.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I checked all the fuses and relays to no avail. I decided to bite the big one and buy a new aem v2 after switching my ecu into another car and it did the same thing. Just to be safe I've pulled the engine bay harness and cleaned it up a bunch including running new injector wires and tucking the mess on the valve cover. I've put on a new fuel rail and 750cc injectors that fit the d16z6 manifold ive made because i couldnt find a vac leak on my stock one. im running a new fuel line so i can go return and ill give it a go tomorrow. Thanks for the advice on the fuses if it still doesnt start any more advice would be highly appreciated

·
Registered
7,232 Posts
Throwing parts at it is a stupid way of diagnosing.

Now you have to battle attempting to get a standalone ecu running on what could possibly have simply been a camshaft sensor.

Go back to stock parts and get it running. You are going to loose all your hair trying to diagnose 1500 variables instead of 5-10 variables

·
Registered
7,232 Posts
If I see power everywhere, but car is not starting, I listen to how it is cranking. Does it pop? Does it sound smooth? Or is it rumbling? rumbling could be a sign of loosing compression somewhere.

Try unplugging all 4 injectors, and cranking over again trying to start. If it changes the sound dramatically, it was puking fuel. This does not avoid the possibility a injector is stuck open. Tap the injectors with a screwdriver then listen for clicking as a buddy cranks it over.

no starts are frustrating! But throwing parts at it makes it even harder!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Throwing parts at it is a stupid way of diagnosing.

Now you have to battle attempting to get a standalone ecu running on what could possibly have simply been a camshaft sensor.

Go back to stock parts and get it running. You are going to loose all your hair trying to diagnose 1500 variables instead of 5-10 variables

i have already gone back to stock and the problem was the ecu. Luckily I bought an 04 ex when i was over luvin my car but ashamed of dragging its lips around so I could get busy. Swapped the ecu over and the problem followed with it. Now I have gotten to the point I have a single wire just dangling behind the radio. I dont know where it came from but tossed a meter on it andf with the ecu out, key off, it flickers from 4-5v. With ecu out and key in the on position it pulses from 7.5-9v. berore I go digging into the harness any ideas what it comes from or where it goes? ill post a video

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.