Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi folks,

here are my ideas for my hatch 2000

been thinking so much time about rebuilding my y7 and combining the block to a y8 head ( or find a complete y8 and start build up ).

So, I've been thinking about raising compression a bit with d16a6 US pistons wich, according to zeal calculator, will give my engine a 10.33 compression ratio.

I am not a hardcore racer... but, I might raise oil pressure a bit to prevent oiling issue... how? please give me suggestions.

I already have the y8 ex manifold and I don't plan to buy a header... but maybe a catback.

In this buildup, every crank and rod bearing will be changed, new seals and maybe cylinder wall will be oversized if needed, but honing will be done for sure if walls are not oval. depending on what I'll find and if there is any surprise.

Is there any cams that do not requires new springs-retainers that have a better lift than oem?

thanks for your comments guys. hoping a bit of gains... but nothing to get crazy, just a bit funnier...

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok, thank you...

Is nippon racing (ebay stuff) builds some d16a6 pistons? I like their spec's, they would give a d16y8 a nice 10.5 compression ratio. along with a obd1 conversion... I didn't found any NPR d16a6 pistons on ebay, is it possible to find some?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts