Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sup people, after doing my homework and doing tons of research, I've made my choice of staying D, and not go for the B16A. I drive a 95 LX(D16 I think?) Civic ferio 5spd. I want to boost It to about 150-170WHP on stock internals if possible. My budget is about 3k, and I want to have It all done by June. Well my engine is very old, 170 thousand miles is starting to take It's tow.. I was thinking of picking up a JDM D15B VTEC Swap, for 700, and then have the rest for intake exuast, and a turbo kit. I could pieace together a e-bay turbo kit, but I don't know a whole lot about cars, and nor can I install all of this myself, I'm having a shop do this. I don't have higg WHP goals, just want a fun daily-driver.. So what do guys think?

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i've red em, but still is not helping me. MY budget is 3k, IDK if the JDM D15 VTEC Swap is a good choice, or should I just swap the engine out, and not the tranny, and save $400. But I don't know how my LX tranny fares out with a JDM D15. Do I need engine managment if i use a greddy kit? can't i just use afmu?

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Well you could also go with a D16Z6, those can be found pretty cheap as well. Then with that I think all you have to do is get a new ECU (p28) and run a few extra wires but I am not 100 percent sure on that. Also if you buy the greddy kit it comes with the E-Manage so you can use that. If you go with a home made kit you could use an FMU to get it going but you are going to want to either chip the ECU or use a V-AFC or something of that sort (atleast thats what they will all tell you to do). Hope that helps a little bit.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah but the LX Tranny gay? lol it got longer gears I think, and thats not good for boost..

·
Registered
118 Posts
psi_o_so_hi said:
doesnt the jdm d15 tranny have a stock lsd? not sure i just heard that somewhere. that would be nice.
some of them have the lsd, but more often than not they dont have it, its suppose to be uber rare to find a tranny that does

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
how much am I looking to spend..? Right now My budget is 3k.. How hard is it to install a turbo kit.?

·
Registered
98 Civic EX
3,189 Posts
before boosting, be sure to do a full compression test, and tune up...you need to know if the engine is healthy...

·
Registered
417 Posts
ryan89crx said:
BS, i dont care what you are running, shorter gears will ALWAYS be faster. the whole "stay in boost longer" is complete nonsense.
Sup guys, long time no see. Actually you are right Ryan I don't think this matter in our small tranny boxes. Longer gear are better in those high end performance car other than civics!! :TU:

·
Registered
118 Posts
skoracing said:
shorter gear= more wheel spin..
im assuming that were talking about turbo cars here, then why would shorter gears cause more wheel spin with a turbo car but not on the same car without the turbo? at lower rpms before the turbo even wakes up the motor is running like it would if it were n/a, so it would spin the tires as much as it would if it were n/a

1 - 20 of 24 Posts