Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there are a few guys on here running this clutch. I am for a b series. Comp says to use their flywheel. I'm looking to get a stage 5 for a customer's car. Can I run it on a fresh stock flywheel or do I need to run one of comps flywheels?

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,106 Posts
did you ask comp why they recommend their flywheel? did you ask about oem?

·
Premium Member
95 civic coupe
1,358 Posts
I've been running competition products for years. I could swear their the best driving clutch I've had, except I've maxed out the torque capacity on the stage 4s. And Stock oem flywheel over anything

·
Premium Member
95 civic coupe
1,358 Posts
Competition Clutch Not the best.

Search Failures
Perhaps not the best, but any clutch can go bad. I guess I'm just saying I've had goodluck in general.

·
Registered
92 eg
723 Posts
drag car? 11.5lb flywheel a little to light IMO for that purpose. So i would resurface/shave/balance stock or find a CX/VX to save money. As for clutches id use that over ACT or CM anyday for a D.

·
Registered
See above...
13,322 Posts
The stock FW will be fine, in fact, I perfer it on boosted applications due to the inertia of the heavier wheel.

I ran a sprung Comp Stg V with a stock (freshly resurfaced) FW on my setup with great results; even was able to re-sell the used disk when I parted out. LOL!

·
Registered
CRX ECODiesel Ram
1,036 Posts
I have had great results with Competition CLutches over the years on F, K, H, D and B series engines. Even had to warranty a pressure plate and it arrived overnight.
Of the most mainstream brands (basically most widely available) I prefer Competition Clutches, Exedy, Clutchmasters, ACT.

And I have run most of the Competition Clutches on stock flywheels without an issue...a good friend daily drove a K series making 300whp/325 torque with the CC stage 5, he did have to replace it about every 18 months though...and have the step in the flywheel re-set.

·
\/Your Mom Was Here\/
Vibe GT
4,833 Posts
Competition Clutch Not the best.

Search Failures
Another suprising answer from the ever elaborative Toaster...

You brought not 1 thing yet again to a thread, this thread is about if a flywheel is compatible with a clutch. You come marching in with "It's junk just look and see." Providing not 1 example or reason or even an answer to the original question.

You didn't use to be this way when you were on here years ago... what happened to you dude?

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks guys for the answer. Gonna run a stock one on this customers car. Was pretty sure a good old fashioned surfaced flywheel would be fine. Gonna push the car to 400 whp on pump gas with this hy35 turbo.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts