Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
Acura TL-P
6,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
$5 SHIPPING ON ALL COMPETITION CLUTCHES AND FLYWHEELS IN THE CONTINENTAL US SEPTEMBER 2010!

STAGE 1: The economical solution for moderately modified cars or simply aggressive individuals with stock power. Offers 40-50% of torque capacity and maintains stock pedal feel. 300 mile break-in recommended with this set-up.
DO NOT use with added forced induction such as turbo, supercharger, or NOS systems.

The 2400 Series kit includes a Competition Clutch pressure plate, a 6 pad Carbotic high-torque performance disc assembly, all applicable bearings and the appropriate alignment tool.

STAGE 2: This assembly provides approximately 80% increase in torque capacity and is properly suited for aggressive street use and moderate track use. The Carbon Kevlar material with its alloy backing matched to a performance pressure plate will provide smooth engagement and extended life. 500 mile break-in highly recommended with this set-up. 300 mile break-in REQUIRED with this set-up.
The 2100 Series kit includes a performance pressure plate, a high torque sprung disc with antiburst steel backed Carbon Kevlar facings, all applicable bearings, and the appropriate alignment tool.

STAGE 4: This assembly, available with a double spring, six rivet carriage is good for ease of gear transition with higher horsepower. This disc complimented by a performance pressure plate provides 250% increase in torque capacity. 300 mile break-in recommended with this set-up.
The 1620 Series kit includes a performance pressure plate, a six puck high torque sprung disc with Ceramic buttons, all applicable bearings, and the appropriate alignment tool.

STAGE 5: This assembly, available with a double spring, six rivet carriage is good for ease of gear transition with higher horsepower. This disc complimented by a performance pressure plate provides 300% increase in torque capacity. 300 mile break-in recommended with this set-up.
The 1420 Series kit includes a performance pressure plate, a four puck high torque sprung disc Ceramic buttons, all applicable bearings, and the appropriate alignment tool.

·
Registered
honda/firebird form.
6,966 Posts
my comp stage 5 4 puck unsprung is doing its job pretty darn good :TU:

·
Registered
95 ex coupe
4,281 Posts
good deals are always from greg!!!
got my stage 5 sprung and is working awesome. dd that sucker everyday.

·
I
95 Civic coupe
3,984 Posts
maybe while this is a hot topic, i would like to ask a question, why is a 4 puck better for grip compared to a 6? theres more contact material on a 6 puck...?? so why would a 4 be more aggressive??

i use a stage 5 setup, and i always wondered about this..

·
Registered
95 ex coupe
4,281 Posts
maybe while this is a hot topic, i would like to ask a question, why is a 4 puck better for grip compared to a 6? theres more contact material on a 6 puck...?? so why would a 4 be more aggressive??

maybe the pressure plates are different? i was always under the impression that the pressure plate makes the clutch! since you can have the best disk but have a stock pressure plate and it wont hold.
correct me if im wrong on this one. i would like to know a deff truth on this qeustion!

·
Classic Man
Civic
16,355 Posts

use the bed of nails analogy....

a bed of nails with 5000 nails has less force on each nail (6 puck)
a bed of nails with 50 has more force on each nail (4 puck)

so with a 4 puck, the PP will place more force on the clamping area, to the tune of 33% over a 6 puck

1 - 20 of 49 Posts