Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
95 ej2
731 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Update on my friends build. we were gonna rering his old motor but he bought the wrong rings, so he threw in a used d15 that we saw run and we haven't got it to start anyways, but for the hell of it we did a comp test. #3 is showing no compression. The fact it ran fine before supposedly (he has a video of it) and he only pulled the motor didn't mess with the timing belt at all. My only shitty guess is before we left for the night the bottom middle intake manifold bolt was not tight. Would this make a gap to cause a comp loss? Haha I wouldn't know what else would cause it. Tester is in there good and results on other cylinders was 180

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
If you think an intake manifold leak causes loss of compression, you need to step away from engines in general.

·
Registered
Sloppy Jalopy
981 Posts
might as well of not swapped and just turbo the tired ring engine as is and wait for step #3

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
I have had several 4 cylinders that would still idle on 2 cylinders, so technically you could have 8 bent valves and still be idling.

·
Registered
1 Posts
0 Compression would be a bent or stuck open valve or a hole in a piston.Even one unbroken ring would yeild some compression.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts