Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1990 CRX Si
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to tuning and wanted to see what the experts thought of where I am at right now.

Specs are:
90 CRX Si
sohc zc non-vtec (d16a6)
JRSC with stock 6psi pulley
short ram intake, dc header, stock exhaust
60mm throttle body from b20
AEM fuel rail, oem fpr and pump, dsm 450cc injectors

chipped pm6 and using turboedit 3.2.2

View attachment jrsc1.bin

View attachment log10.zip

·
Registered
Sloppy Jalopy
1,029 Posts
New to tuning and wanted to see what the experts thought of where I am at right now.

Specs are:
90 CRX Si
sohc zc non-vtec (d16a6)
JRSC with stock 6psi pulley
short ram intake, dc header, stock exhaust
60mm throttle body from b20
AEM fuel rail, oem fpr and pump, dsm 450cc injectors

chipped pm6 and using turboedit 3.2.2

View attachment 95329

View attachment 95337

Post screen shots ..

Do you have the car running on this map?

You have a wideband?

side note : we can look at your map but really you should bring this to get dyno tuned.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Most folks will not go through the trouble of downloading turbo-edit just to look at your map, post screen shots.

Is the car detonating now or running lean ? Down on power ?

·
Registered
1990 CRX Si
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here are some screen shots. Car is running on this tune. The zip file has the log from my last run with me cruising on the streets then doing a pull onto the freeway. It gets a little lean at times when just cruising and still a little rich in boost. I have the innovate LM1 wideband hooked up. Loaded the 2nd gear pull into virtual dyno and attached a screen shot. It shows a better transfer from vacuum to boost.

Screen Shot 2015-09-16 at 07.16.23.jpg

Screen Shot 2015-09-16 at 07.16.55.jpg

Screen Shot 2015-09-16 at 07.17.19.jpg

Screen Shot 2015-09-16 at 07.17.35.jpg

Screen Shot 2015-09-16 at 07.29.05.jpg

·
Registered
504 Posts
your not a little rich, your a lot right. Lean that out to around 12:1 under boost. 10:1 is too rich and can cause more problems than it prevents.

·
Classic Man
Civic
16,355 Posts
your not a little rich, your a lot right. Lean that out to around 12:1 under boost. 10:1 is too rich and can cause more problems than it prevents.
What problems would that be?

·
Registered
504 Posts
^^^ washing out cylinder walls, fouling plugs, thinning oil. When you dump that much fuel in, I have seen it where the fuel pushes past the rings with the blow by and then mixes with the oil, thinning the oil causing engine failure.

·
Classic Man
Civic
16,355 Posts
Sure ok maybe prolonged at idle, but even then most of the fuel will burn in the 10's.

You would be surprised what the air fuels are on cold start carb vehicles. It worked for a hundred years. I think your fear is slightly inflated..

lets say 10.5:1 AFR in boost, not an issue. Not optimal for power, not optimal for a cat, but not harmful to the engine. Especially on a hot engine.

·
Registered
1990 CRX Si
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks guys. I have it running at 12-11.5:1 now.

My ecu was forcing 10:1 even at idle when I had a vacuum leak. Could have installed a spark plug at the exhaust tip and shot flames if I wanted.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts