Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went looking for a cometic headgasket to fit my zc but nobody around me has them the only gasket i ca nget is for a d16a1 or d16a6 would either of these fit? i was sure the d16a1 would fit but thought i would double check before handing over the cash.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
cometic used to make them, but they were garbage. you can use the d16a1 headgasket. the best one i found was on overboost.com. 3 layer metal one..just a little thicker than stock. its good for turbo..if you dont mind spending $120.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
how do u know they were garbage, i bought one, looks totally fine too me, even cometic said it was fine.i bought one of those hks ones, after getting ur head milled too get any residue from ur old gasket off, and the hks gasket raising ur compression. that thing blew after 2 weeks. and it was even installed by a local reputable shop.

·
Registered
344 Posts
ive gone to many web sites, and everyone said that cometic headgaskets for the dohc zc motors were garbage. they are crap because they take a Sohc headgasket and modify it to fit the dohc instead of making a new one. they dont seal that great most of the time. who knows, you may have gotten a good one.

for me, ive had the hks one for 3 months/3,000 miles on boost, and it hasn't blown yet.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
yah who knows, my hks was crap, had my car tuned right and everything, still blew. i know u can get endyne, "the old one" he can modify gaskets that they use too fit a dohc ZC and gaurentees them. so that was my next best route.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts