Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
I
3,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i finnally got a block, thanks to my local buddy steve

and just the other day, i polished up the rods/pistons.. and put the new rings on..

and this is why...

·
I
3,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
rod bearings.. main bearings... and thrust journals arrive thursday! but i dont have an engine lift to get my old block (which has the crank that i am gonna use) out of my car... :( so if you have a lift, or you are willing to lend a helping hand.. holler!!

hopefully, by saturday, i will have this bad boy back on!!!

so, if i get a lift by tomorrow.. i can get that shiz outta the car.. and get to work on what i can actually do until i get the parts i need... oh ya! **i need a honing tool as well!** so, if everything goes as planned, i will be back on the road by saturday!! please help me out, if you can! the more hands, the merrier! ha ha!

·
I
3,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
get it running.. those are my plans! ;)

no, but really.. break in.. go back to work and make more $$$.. engine management.. new suspension...

thats my new years resolution... i need as much info as possible on reassembly.. i have a .PDF file of the helms but it is 1258 pages and i cant see which one is the bottom end rebuild... so if anyone has any links.. or knows which page it is on the pdf file..
i just need to know torque specs and shit.. i also have arp headstuds.. so what ever torque specs i need.. and a basic run through of a rebuild would be great! this is my first rebuild.. so i hope all goes well!

·
I
3,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the block was bead blasted! (dont worry, i clean it all out) and then painted with a gloss silver aircraft paint!

and the turbo is a T04E.. its a biggin! 57trim!!

·
I
3,984 Posts

·
sub-sponsor
5,175 Posts
sweet man looks like youll have some fun after the break in period is over

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
Nice, good luck w/ build. Keep us updated.

·
I
3,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
the honda bearings i need are discontinued!!!!!!!!

BABBB main bearings block side.. and 22123 crank side..

rod bearings 1green 2yellow 3brown 4brown..

and they are no longer available!!!????? why!?

can someone here help me locate these bearings that i need! ACL will do.. well, i guess any bearings will do.. i just need it to work for at least a year... thats it.. then the gsr goes in!!

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
Just use ACL's man :) I have been running same ACL bearings in not 1 but 2 motors now and they have performed quite well!!!

·
0 Posts
I have been running same ACL bearings in not 1 but 2 motors now and they have performed quite well!!!
You mean you reused the bearings, or you bought a new set of the same type?

1 - 20 of 59 Posts