Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
crx
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody running colt tri flow cams in their zc dohc? I was thinking of upgrading and hear good things about these cams. The only concern I have is that I am running a jrsc and am not sure how these preform in a supercharged setup. Any jrsc guys running aftermarket cams. If so have you seen any improvements over stock? I maybe pissing in the wind here, I bet not many guys are running jrsc in a zc dohc.

thanks

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
If you are worried about any sort of cams, you do have the option of getting adjustable cam gears and dialing out any excessive overlap.

I would imagine the tri-flows on a SC ZC Dohc setup would perform pretty damn well.

·
Classic Man
Civic
16,355 Posts
I know the guy that did a lot of R/D with Geoff for the DOHC ZC cams, I guess I also happen to know Geoff pretty well, too. They are really good cams. And I can basically guarantee you will be VERY happy with how they perform.

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
just grab a set of B series adjustables. Make sure you verify which B series they are for, not all are marked the exact same timing (as far as my limited knowledge tells me)

find The-acid-beaver on this site, and EMAIL him, not PM him. he is a zc dohc guy and wil be able to help you further.

He also knows quite abit about tuning them

·
()*#$(*$
93 Legend L Coupe.
11,404 Posts
Golden Eagle cam gears. Best darn gears I've messed with to date. The exhaust came level mark will be off a tooth. BFD.

Yeah . . . I have probably tuned more ZCs this past decade than anyone else, at least on OBD0.

·
Registered
431 Posts
count the teeth on your factory gear it should be 32 teeth, 40 on the older zc
for the 32 tooth use B-series adjustables
for the 40 tooth use f series sohc 94+ accord adjustables just get 2 of them
just make sure to use a 5.5mm pin on the end cam cap to lock the cams in place, them install your belt, don't worry if the marks on the aftermarket cams are off, just stick with the pins and you'll be fine.

·
Registered
crx
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Great advice guys thanks. I think I have located Jun cam gears for the zc. I would really hope someone else could chime in if they have experience with the colt tri flow cams before I drop the hammer and send mine to colt.

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
how are the JUN gears pricewise compared to the Golden Eagles? beaver isnt kidding when he puts out info. Hes talking indepth and extensive experience.

Im not in any way saying the JUN gears will be worst, better or same. I do not know.

·
Registered
crx
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The Jun gears are 160.00 and it looks like the golden eagle ones are also around 160.00 but are for the B series?? I'm not doubting the Beave knows what he is talking about, The reason I like the Jun gears is they are made specifically for the zc dohc.

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
Makes sense. I didnt realize they still made gears specifically for the ZC Dohc's

·
()*#$(*$
93 Legend L Coupe.
11,404 Posts
The ONLY DIFFERENCE IS THE EXHAUST CAM GEAR TIMING MARK.

Get the GE gears, adjusting them with the vernier scale instead of the tiny lines is just so much effing better.

I am sure the JUN gears are well made, but . . . I HATE TINY LINES.

·
Registered
crx
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
crx
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
the dohc zc, with the tri flow cam is wicked. the zc loves to have the exhaust cam retarded and intake advanced, the tri flow cam and zc combo performs excellent both n/a and forced induction.

are you running obd0 or obd1?
40mpg sent you a IM, thanks for your help and advice. I am running OBd1

·
Registered
crx
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Guys I got my cams back from colt and picked up a set of the Golden Eagle cam gears. Can someone tell me the proper break in procedure.:TU:

Attachments

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
Colt will know much better. inhouse always surpasses 3rd party in custom stuff.

Rememebr, what we can bring to the table is experience via trial and error.

Colt will be able to stop you from having to do a trial and error lol.

THey take care of their customers for the most part

1 - 20 of 23 Posts