Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys I have a 2002 Ex civic d17a2 Im looking to get the best Spark plugs for my car. Im running low boost 9psi but want to try something different. I have been using one step colder spark plugs but I notice that this suckers died in about 2000k. which spark plugs brand will work better on my car Ngk or Denso? should I try 2 steps colder? if i do which spark plugs should i get.. i have been using Ngk but im not sure if im using the correct spark plugs..

thanks in advance.. I try to search this info but there's no much info on
d17a2 thanks again...

·
Registered
05 Legacy GT
867 Posts
Gee, do what I did years ago, call NGK and ask for test support. They will tell you what to use. You can get there toll free number from the web site.

It's real easy to call most of the manufactures and ask for help.

·
Registered
2000 Honda Civic EX
525 Posts
What do you mean they died? Did you melt them?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
what I mean is that I have to replace this plugs every 1000k. so they dont last long. last time i took the car to the Dyno they replace the spark plugs and they last a good amount of time but the ones i just got they are already giving me problems and i just replace these plugs about a month ago or 1000k.

Danz thanks for the reply. the NGK BKR7E's are the ones im using right now. i will try another set. what do you think it would happen if i try 2 steps colder??

thanks

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
What Happen if i use BKR7EIX? Im using BKR7E. I notice that the BKR8EIX are Iridium and the ones I have are just regular. What do you guys think?

thanks

1 - 10 of 10 Posts