Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i saw a couple months ago that nology make a coilpack kits for the d-series but now i cant find it on there website, or any where else for that matter. any one know where i can find some? they not have to be nology, is there any other companies.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
they would be going on my d15b for now till the new motor gets done

·
Registered
857 Posts
VW/Audi 1.8T 20V coils fit pretty nicely, when you remove the rubber seal and cut the plastic finger holding the rubber. But you need also to shorten the spark plug tubes atleast in Z6 head by ~3mm.
I already got one coil and made those modifications, still considering the whole ignition system for my engine.. Probably I'll stick with stock D15 dizzy for a while, because it works well, converting to Coil-On-Plug needs cam position sensor addition which is a bit tricky to do.

·
Resident Gunsmith & Duracoater
Ranger - work truck
5,467 Posts
do the dis conversion and run cbr600's like my buddy does on his 825hp civic......

he uses i believe the motec m4 standalone ems.

·
Registered
96dx saloon
990 Posts
my friend uses coil packs on his gsr build. he bought them from honda. he uses an aem ems.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
so im going to have to run a standalone if i switch to coilpacks? that wasnt what i was wanting to hear

·
yellow bar for me
viper blue 92 eg
3,572 Posts
big tuna runs coils on his all motor build. im not really sure about his EMS

·
Registered
857 Posts
IIRC BigTuna has Electromotive TEC2 standalone, and he is not using individual coils. He has wasted spark (two coils). Basicly, you need a standalone for individual coils. But if you're good on electronics, designing small and simple multiplexer for ECU igniter signal and utilizing bottom (sensors) of stock dizzy would be a pretty straightforward job. It would'n be too hard to build four power stages for CBR coils, but active ones like VAG 1.8T coils would make it a lot more simpler. Then you still have to consider, how to control coil dwell time. I dunno how Honda is arranged this, does ECU take care of it(and is dwell adjustable, via CROME/TurboEdit or some other?) or igniter module. 1.8ms is proper dwell for VAG coils, I'm running ~3ms with stock coil now.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts