Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I bought just some simple eBay coilovers and put them on my car.. I lowered them but the car still sits at the same height! I even lowered them as low as the could go and they didn't move! Do I need to buy new struts? If I do then I'm probably just gonna buy some skunk 2 lowering springs. But I can't figure it out..

·
Registered
My civic
2,340 Posts
Then your shocks/chassis is bound on something.

Ebay coilovers should drop your car to the floor.

Pics help.

·
Registered
My civic
2,340 Posts

·
Registered
4,006 Posts
open a photobucket account. upload a pic into photobucket. then copy the IMG code. past into the comment box here and the picture will pop up once you post

·
Registered
Love the Civic
1,817 Posts
:uh:

Here.

Unlock that bottom ring and move both down 0.5 inch and then follow suite on all four corners and set it down, let it settle over night and check in the am.

edit:Also, sand those rusty shyts down and spray em with black rustoleum and clean that shyt up. Good luck.

edit edit: From the look of these pics, you need to spend some time fixing the body and suspension before going further on your turbo build, just my.02.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
:uh:

Here.

Unlock that bottom ring and move both down 0.5 inch and then follow suite on all four corners and set it down, let it settle over night and check in the am.

edit:Also, sand those rusty shyts down and spray em with black rustoleum and clean that shyt up. Good luck.

edit edit: From the look of these pics, you need to spend some time fixing the body and suspension before going further on your turbo build, just my.02.
What do I need to do on the body and suspension??

·
Premium Member
95 civic coupe
1,358 Posts

Post a picture of how you installed it before we can help you any further.

·
Registered
4,006 Posts
on the ebay sleevovers I had years ago, the middle was sock ride height. to get the top of the tire flush with the fender I had to adjust it all the way down in the rear and maybe and inch up in the front

1 - 20 of 24 Posts