Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Two of my Ksports are blown, a front and a rear. Ksport has discontinued the 50mm shock body and is only selling a 52mm body which requires upgrading the spring perches and lower mounts. And since its a front and rear are blown the balance would be off so a whole new set up would be needed. I tried to find a used set as all Ksports Kontrol Pro Coilovers use the same two shock bodies(1 for fronts and 1 for rears) but people think these things are gold.

I was hoping since most of these things are massed produced and just have different labels put on them for different companies that if I bought a set that looks damn near the same and had a 50mm body I could just swap those out, well I was right but I bought a set that was different lol. Shocks with adjustable valving are 50mm x 2.5 and the nonadjustable are 50mm x 1.5, and I got nonadjustables :(

I said what the hell and just went about swapping the whole set up even thou the new coilovers aren't my color of choice(blue). These damn things are like 3 inches taller then my old Ksports:

Now the pic is deceiving as the shock fork mounts higher on the EMUSA's but I have put them at the lowest point they will go without messing with preload and they don't even get close to the Ksports which aren't even maxxed out!?

What opinions do you guys have on making them go lower? Tapping the lower mount more to allow the shock body to go lower? A 50mm x 1.5 tap is $100. Lower the spring perches and using extended top hats to help with the lose of shock travel? eBay top hats are about $70

·
Registered
3,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Why not just get the 2 ksports rebuilt?
Cost more to rebuild them($120 plus shipping/shock), plus then I'd have two brand new shocks catty corner from two that are probably @ 50k so I know those would just blow eventually.

·
Registered
3,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Fortune Autos are what im going to buy.... seem to have the least amount of issues...
Oddly I found them when searching if the Ksports were in fact the same as other Taiwan coilovers

1 - 8 of 8 Posts