Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
the artist formerly known as drexelstudent11
3,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did some googling but I must not be searching for the right thing; my GSR has skank2 lowering springs, and while it rides surprisingly well, it scrapes pulling out of my alley. seems like .5" or 1" spacers just to raise the front up a tad would help a ton.

does anyone make these for hondas? all I find are lift kits for people trying to lift their jeeps

·
3,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
do those work? I was thinking more of a urethane bushing at the bottom of the coils

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,425 Posts
The spacers don't really work, unless you use 2-3 to help with the rear squat at launch.

I have three sets somewhere, aka 12 rubber spacers. They generally won't fit between the coils of lowering springs but just fine on OEM springs.

·
Registered
98 Civic LX
175 Posts
I think i remember someone on here who has spacers for lifting the CRV. The first gen CRV use the same strut towers in front as the civics. So you could try searching for a CRV strut spacer kit or something.

·
3,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The crv ones are 2" thick which is way too much. Bone, are you talking bout the top rubber piece that goes between the spring and top hat? I was thinking of buying 4-6 of those and tripling/quadrupling up.

·
Registered
EG8
1,055 Posts
Pretty sure he's talking about these:

http://www.autozone.com/suspension-steering-accessories-and-parts/coil-spring-booster/superior-automotive-coil-spring-spacer/541219_0_0/

There is something that is similar to what you are talking about, but do your springs sit lower than the top hat at any point? (as in are they loose?)

The thing that you are looking for comes from cheap-o "full-body coilover kits" something like a sub $500 s13 kit had them. They are metal disks with a slot cut into them (so you can slide them onto the damper w/o taking apart the whole thing.

They just wont stay up on their own though... (needs spring pressure)

·
3,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'll give those rubber thingers a shot, I'm not looking for much out of them really. Thanks guys

·
Registered
276 Posts
Make a lift kit (spacer ring) like CRV people use that goes between the tophat and the strut tower, only DIY them out of HDPE plastic cutting board material. It's available in different thicknesses on eBay. It's cheap. It's easy to cut. You might need longer studs in your tophats depending on how much you lift. Subaru guys already do this exact same mod. google search the following: subaru saggy butt spacers hdpe

pro tip: make multiple 1/4" spacers and stack them to get as much lift as you need.

·
Classic Man
Civic
16,355 Posts
Like stated, the easiest thing to do would be to put a spacer above the top hat, but under the body. Use longer studs on the top hat to secure it all down and bobs ur unk.

OR, counter sink the OEM studs and put new studs or thread the top hat at 90 degrees to the counter sunk holes.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts