Honda D Series Forum banner
801 - 820 of 836 Posts

· Registered
93 4d lx, z6,ported, port matched, compression bumped, balanced, manual swap
1,632 Posts
So how do I get one of these? Getting ready to start my d17zT build, and was looking for something like this that would give me tuneability options like wasted spark or capacitive discharge without needing a bunch of add ons.

· Registered
Civic/92Achieva H.O.
1,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #802 ·
These will work on any Honda D B H or F engine and OBD1-OBD2B ecu without any modification needed. Getting rid of you junk distributor and adding coil on plug with K series coils. Currently most are sold and a couple will be sent out for demonstrations to help spread the word. on my last post there is a Gofundme to help start mass production of these devices.

· Registered
EJ1 Coupe
160 Posts
These will work on any Honda D B H or F engine and OBD1-OBD2B ecu without any modification needed. Getting rid of you junk distributor and adding coil on plug with K series coils. Currently most are sold and a couple will be sent out for demonstrations to help spread the word. on my last post there is a Gofundme to help start mass production of these devices.
Hi, have sent you a message

· Formerly weebeastie
2,076 Posts
So I was literally going to start a thread on here to try and get up enough support to get you rolling better, then I find that your are a DSO member. I actually commented on one of your posts Chris. So these look to be a huge answer for the entire Honda crowd. I'm going to spread the word to as many people as I know, which is a lot even outside of this group, but the real seller to them would be seeing it on car. Are you planning on marketing them solely under your name, or is there a plan to get a large box place like Go Autoworks or Speedfactory to pick them up and sell them as well. I know I'm asking production and marketing questions, and feel free to answer in PM if you're still on here. Just need to get this product out to people. Honda Rulz is cool, but the added plug on the ECU and the extra bits are solved by what you've come up with. And if it's a solid product that will last longer than the crap reman dizzy's you get from O'chucky's, then these will continually sell as long as Honda's with distributors are a thing. I'm looking forward to seeing them in use, and honestly I'd love to get a setup on my car.

CSS DOHC ZC Turbo Wagovan. It is tuned, but I'd have to convert to OBD1 to use the digidzzy. Currently tune it with Tuner Express on OBD0 because Joe still supports it, so I kept using it, but going to upgrade very soon so that it can make more power. Currently limited to about 320 at the wheels and the GT28RS is close to max as well.

· Formerly weebeastie
2,076 Posts
And I just read all 41 pages............literally typed my comment then started reading. It was a good 2.5 hours. Wow! 8 years in the making, houses sold, cars wrecked, so many versions and revisions. And the best statement out there (paraphrased cause I can't re-find it to quote it). "You guys don't really understand who I am, when I say I'm going to do something, then I'm going to get it done". 8 years that I know of and going! Way to go Chris. I know you wanted this to come out so much faster than it has, but if it does what it does and we don't have to pop open the ECU and muddy it up with extra headers and wiring (Honda rulz), and its completely digital, I think it sells. Price point is higher than most will want to spend initially until they see them on fast cars, or cars they consider as cool. I'm 3 distributors deep on my DOHC ZC, so I'm definitely looking for a solution. Nobody wants to mess up a perfectly good engine because of a serious misfire under boost. This looks like the right solution.

· Registered
10,091 Posts
Bumping this to keep it alive. Such a great project that appears to have the wheels turning as far as facebook shows.

This is going to be the first mod I do if I ever jump back into a D or F single cam.

EDIT Hell, you never know, maybe the Insight needs an F22 NA build!!

· Formerly weebeastie
2,076 Posts
Bumping this to keep it alive. Such a great project that appears to have the wheels turning as far as facebook shows.

This is going to be the first mod I do if I ever jump back into a D or F single cam.

EDIT Hell, you never know, maybe the Insight needs an F22 NA build!!
F22a6 NA?

· Registered
10,091 Posts
F22a6 NA?
If I ever went the route of an F22 NA build, it would be as simple as shaving a bit of the cylinder head, using some K series pistons for some serious static compression, RBC intake manifold, and running a basic reground camshaft. it would quite easily bump itself past 170-200whp for as simple as it was to do. Most of its limitations would be fuel choice. You can only do so much on pump 87. Luckily, the chamber design allows keeping the timing backed off to keep things somewhat happy and still get some good power out of it. Plus, the F22 economy engines have foolishly large ports, so flow isnt the problem, velocity is.

EDIT the basic nonvtec F22 makes 130-145hp on miserably low compression. Even 10:1 is a large bump in power, nothing else changed.

· Formerly weebeastie
2,076 Posts
If I ever went the route of an F22 NA build, it would be as simple as shaving a bit of the cylinder head, using some K series pistons for some serious static compression, RBC intake manifold, and running a basic reground camshaft. it would quite easily bump itself past 170-200whp for as simple as it was to do. Most of its limitations would be fuel choice. You can only do so much on pump 87. Luckily, the chamber design allows keeping the timing backed off to keep things somewhat happy and still get some good power out of it. Plus, the F22 economy engines have foolishly large ports, so flow isnt the problem, velocity is.

EDIT the basic nonvtec F22 makes 130-145hp on miserably low compression. Even 10:1 is a large bump in power, nothing else changed.

Agreed. Long ago, I built an F2D in a 91 hatchback. F22a6, milled the head, ported it and did the valve work, put valve springs and a Busymoto (purposeful misspell here) camshaft in it, balance shaft delete kit, and a highly modified IAB intake. We built a header for it and used the Evolution/Busymoto F2D kit, MFactory locker, ZC 1-4, Si 5th. It was a really terror to drive and wasn't a slouch at all.

· Formerly weebeastie
2,076 Posts
Some F22 love lol. One of my favorite early PFISpeed tunes:

I should just put the ZC turbo setup in a CRX and go F2B turbo AWD in the wagon...........aw crap............that would be fun. And a ton of work, but the a6 will make the jam.

Reactions: robgoof
801 - 820 of 836 Posts