Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 791 Posts

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Coil on plug, work(ing) and driving in progress!

I've been very hard at work to bring you guys bolt on/plug and play coil on plug, no tuning or modifying your car, just simple part changing, obd0, obd1,obd2, whatever i want compliant, lowerlower emissions , increased performance, smoother idle and faster acceleration. Please comment.

crowdtilt donations will be used to purchase eagle software for circuit boards and any machine work needed.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AiFutb7W9L9vdEpPd3FpWGFrbHRraWdsOXBOWTBZTkE&usp=sharing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtP7w_4r4QA&feature=youtube_gdata_player

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Dy96Ls3xbs&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Oscilloscope courtesy of 007 arrived today!!!!! Thank you brother!!!

Proceeds going towards: Eagle pcb designing software with license.
Modeling And casting equipment for prototype.
Components for circuit
professional printed circuit board
New cap and rotor, plastic or cnc aluminum? Cost effective in mind
Lab use or external lab or purchasing a oscilloscope
dyno runs stock ign vs new, and possibly tune with stock vs tune with .
possibly more.

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
Need a tester? lol Wonder why no shot of the dizzy....

·
Premium Member
5,819 Posts

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Proprietary configuration, im in the process of building the real product that can be ready to copy and mass produced, but I need the first finished product and beat the hell out of it, on a good track already, 6 weeks in, 4th generation prototype, countless hours of bench testing and research, first attempt with this last prototype fired up instantly, kinda caught me by surprise, usually it's always close to working, but this worked perfect first try.

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
Haha Ill beat the hell out of it, track time too lol

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'll try to get Coke's secret recipe too for you lol. I designed the entire circuit and built without the help of lab equipment or higher knowledge. This is what the people want, this is what I want, im hoping to be the creator, maker and distributor (lol) of my design

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey hotrodj, does the s300 let you play with dwell times in smanager? It's been a while since mine was stolen.

·
Registered
3,314 Posts
There was a "kit" made a few years back that was plug n' play COP

Look at that valve cover!

MFactory was going to be selling it, but nothing ever came of it for some reason.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yep, will be made for any distributor, the dsd was a microprocessor, running math and code from the dizzy pickup signals. Not sure what happened to him, it seemed legit. But my system is completely self contained. And from bench testing results, it can operate up to 40k rpm accurately, and is housed in the distributor, replacing the stock coil.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Great to hear! And again thanks for your interest in my project, and 007, thank you for your help on my map sensor theory testing recently. The hardest part of all my building is the only tools available have been my phone, cheap multimeter, and a soldering iron lol.plus allot of garbage electronics to source most of the parts.

·
Registered
962 Posts
does it allow timing control by the stock ecu?

how does it actually work? the stock ecu only have one ignition output channel.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I will be building one for each honda distributor type, all obd compatible, ecu has all control, magic does the rest.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Don't be confused by other systems, this is direct fire, one coil per cylinder fires at a time. All other systems I've found only managed to give waste spark, and these systems require added toothed gears to the crank and exposed sensors, plus a coil driving box and two fat gm waste spark coils. Don't we want clean mess free engine bays?

1 - 20 of 791 Posts