Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
see above
4,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so my cars throwing a code 8 which is the top dead center sensor. i have noticed my car is alot slower now but still revs through out the powerband. does this code make my car go into limp mode or retard timing at the dist. im not sure how hard it is to fix the sensor or why it feels slower . unless it put it self in limp mode to protect it self.
any input is greatly appreciated thanks:)

·
my name says Guest, but Im really a MEMBER
10,488 Posts
The top dead center sensor is in the distributor and the whole distributor has to be replaced. The timing of the spark is probably off and cause the car to feel different, slower. Replace the distributor. There's a way to test the TDC sensor. You measusre the ohm across the connector on the dist. it's in the haynes manual with you should have anyway.

Think about it, whens the last time you performed a tuneup? A new dist. comes with a new cap and rotor, plus new igniter and coil. They also have lifetime warranties.

·
Registered
see above
4,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
about 278 miles ago. the motor was just freshened up *seal wise* and spark plugs wires cap rotor water pump and timing belt were just changed. thanks for the info.

·
my name says Guest, but Im really a MEMBER
10,488 Posts
Even though you just put in a new cap and rotor, the dist can still be faulty

·
Registered
see above
4,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
evidently so =).

·
Ferio inspired
90' Civic sedan
2,444 Posts
be lazy like i would, have steve swap out your dizzy for a known good one:beer:

·
Registered
see above
4,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
, i think it needs to go to doctor steve. for a check up/ operation i need to hook up my suspension and change out my cluster while im over there.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts