Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
915 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im surpised there isnt a sticky on what the codes mean, (probably is, i just havent seen it :jesus: ) anyways my car is throwin a code 7(which is TPS i beleive) and 16..i did some serchin but DAM i had a long night at work, help a fellow D'er out!!BTW car is a 91 civic hatch DPFI(yeah i kno)

·
Registered
1991 Honda CRX
290 Posts
16 fuel injector system. defective circuit or unplugged / defective fuel injector.
start your car, when its warmed up unplug each injector one at a time. Each time you inplug the wires from the injector the idle of your car should drop (you can hear it). if it doesnt than that is the one that is messed up. what i did was i took out the injector cleaned it and pressed on the little thing at the end where it sprays the fuel ( i dont know if thats good..) i reset my ecu and the problem was gone. if that doesnt work than i guess you should get new ones or something.... I hope that helped, goodluck!

·
Registered
1991 Honda CRX
290 Posts
Or it might be your wiring...

·
Registered
910 Posts
I dont suggest disconecting the fuel injector while its running. The proper way is to use a dso to test the injector.

·
Registered
915 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
dam someone actually replied to this lol...ive unpluged the main injector and it died, and started it back up on the auxilary(sp) injector and it ran better, so im pretty sure its the injector..ive taken it out and cleaned it to no improvment...dam dpfi..i hate it, but hey 40+ miles to the gallon and still pulls pretty hard to redline..i kno for sure the throttle positioning sensor is bad, its got a hesitation from hell

1 - 5 of 5 Posts