Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
For the last 2 years or so, maybe more, I've been getting random code 43 (Fuel Supply System).

the code only appears within the first 10 minutes of driving, and only at a cruising rpm around 3krpm. might go a few weeks without it coming on, might coming on 3x in one day. I'm told that 99% of the time it's an o2 sensor problem. Here's why I think it's not...

History: D16a6, 90 wagon.

- 2 years ago(ish): running obd0, pm6 ecu, random code for o2 (forget, the exact #, changed o2)
- 1 year ago: converted to obd1, p06 ecu, random code 43 (changed o2)
- Currently: obd1, tuned on neptune, running a wideband Innovate o2 directly wired to the ecu.

So while obd0 i was getting random o2 code, and now obd1 i'm random code 43 and i've tried 4 different o2s and 2 different obd's and ecu's. wiring all changed and inspected.

The only thing that I can think of is, about 2 -3 years ago I installed a DC 4-2-1 header, the o2 down near the collector. Could this be a matter of o2 sensor location? Other than that the a6 runs great.

Any input welcome.

·
Registered
Love the Civic
1,817 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
I was writing the whole procedure, but it's a pain the ass and you need a special harness. In saying this. You need to pay attention to the 02 circuit. You either have a short or open in the factory circuit, or a voltage drop. I need to know which circuit you NEPTUNE uses for a feed from the wideband. We can go from there once I have that info. I'm a HONDATA user, so I don't know the NEPTUNE system.

Code 43 for a OBD0 does not exist. o2 code would be code 1

Cheers.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts