Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
88 CRX
1,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 88 CRX that is throwing a Code 43 (Fuel Supply System), which seems to be a pretty generic error code. The car is running an 89 (i think that's the right year) Integra LS computer (i don't know the code offhand).

Is there something actually wrong with my fuel system? The car runs ok, idles real low when cold, but nothing intolerable. Is this just a symptom of running the wrong computer?

·
Registered
95 civic ex coupe
3,862 Posts
check your injector clips... make sure they are on there tight.. maybe change the fuel filter.. then unhook the battery.. both pos and neg.. then hold both pos and neg connectors together for 10 seconds and hook them back up to reset the ecu.. and see what happens

·
ministry of mayhem!
93 honda integra
5,680 Posts
I have an 88 CRX that is throwing a Code 43 (Fuel Supply System), which seems to be a pretty generic error code. The car is running an 89 (i think that's the right year) Integra LS computer (i don't know the code offhand).

Is there something actually wrong with my fuel system? The car runs ok, idles real low when cold, but nothing intolerable. Is this just a symptom of running the wrong computer?
it happened to me almost a month and a half ago. discovered i was running ultra rich. no more code 43 after i fixed it! hope it helps.

·
Registered
88 CRX
1,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The code only shows up after about 10 minutes of running the motor, fuel filter is new, i'll try resetting the ECU but idk if that will do anything given that the code doesn't stick around anyway. I think it is running rich, but I don't know of any way to adjust that without chipping the ECU, an eventual plan of mine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts