Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
97 4door EK-T
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I have a chipped p06 with vtec and I've been getting code 41. I've tried everything I could think of.

1: Change my sensor (many times)
2: run a straight wire from ecu to sensor to make sure everything was ok with the wire

I wanted to know If there was a way to check if everything is in good condition with its components inside the ecu.

Anybody know how to do that? Or what else I should look for???

BTW, its a 97 civic with a conversion harness.

Thx

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
The wire on your ECU jumper from ECU to car harness is probably busted. Or something in the ECU is bad like you said. Swap the ECU with a known good one if you can borrow a friends and see if it throws the code. If not, your ECU has a problem, if it does throw it check the wiring again preferably the jumper.

Car side plugs

ECU side plugs

Check the wire thats running between those 2 spots on your jumper. Probably broke if you try the ECU switch and it continues to throw the code.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Picks of inside of ecu? Where did you get ecu? Where did you get the chip? I have seen some sold online/ebay with no j1 jumped = looks like chipped ecu.

quick diag unplug o2 sensor probe both o2 heater wires turn on car should see 12v for 10sec/1min if you see 12 ecu and wires good bad o2 heater. If you don’t see 12v wires or ecu.

·
Registered
Chevy with a cummins
155 Posts
I'm having almost the same problem except mine is a code 43. po6 worked fine before I chipped it, haven't installed a chip yet still running on the stock chip but keeps blowing the code 43. another stock po6 works fine in it.
I've been all over the solder joints and can't find anything wrong. what to look for?

·
Registered
97 4door EK-T
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I checked my o2 voltage and get a steady 12v. so what else might the problem be??? I changed o2s also.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts