Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my d16a (d16z6) in my ef. All wiring run except for the O2 sensor. The 2 extended distributor wires are run to obd1 pins b15 and b16, which are for cpk. I've triple checked these 2 wires. There are no breaks, kinks, or bare spots. The only thing I can think is they are a tiny bit smaller gauge than the wires they're coming off of on the distributor.
What else may cause this code 4 and limp mode? Would my next course of action be to buy a new distributor?

·
Premium Member
5,819 Posts
I think there's are the 2 wires that can be switched as there's 2 white wires,but one is thicker then the other. If this is the case try switching the wires. If that doesn't work make sure you have a good connection to be the distributor and Ecu. You may need a new distributor. If you can try a known good one that will save you some time and money.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think there's are the 2 wires that can be switched as there's 2 white wires,but one is thicker then the other. If this is the case try switching the wires. If that doesn't work make sure you have a good connection to be the distributor and Ecu. You may need a new distributor. If you can try a known good one that will save you some time and money.
I'm trying to see if anyone has one for sale here locally. I know what 2 white wires you're talking about, those both have their designated color wires that they go to.

·
Premium Member
5,819 Posts
That could be your problem.

·
Premium Member
5,819 Posts
I think one is crank sensor and the other is tdc sensor but not 100% sure

·
Registered
35 Posts
You got three of these in there: CKP, CYP and TDC. Each one has a different gear with a different number of teeth they pick up their signal from. Repair it (temporarily, for example with some electrical tape - just to see if it helps) or rather replace it, this is most likely what's causing your problem.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts