Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Clutch not engaging...

Sup all. Well i swapped my tranny out and installed a new clutch.

The problem i am having is that the clutch is not engaging. It wont take any gears. I noticed some oil on the driveway today and thinkin maybe it could be coming from the slave cylinder. Also my friend said that it could be the Master cylinder cause he thought it was leaking. I am positive that the clutch was put in correctly, so i dont think thats what it is.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ok. We tried bleeding the clutch but that didnt seem 2 help out any.

I dont see the slave cylinder leaking anywhere. I have had 3 or 4 people tell me that its the master cylinder. Im not loosing any fluid anywhere that i can see. There is a little fluid on the firewall tho so it might be leakin somewhere back there. I had a friend look at it today and he said that a seal could be blown or something like that.

Can i get some insight on this please?

·
Registered
1992 Honda Civic SiR
194 Posts
u should have a better inspection of the fluid, smell the fluid on the drive to see if it smells like oil, anti-freeze, or trassmission fluid, Chances are if it never leaked before you did the clutch and started after you installed the clutch its trassmission related

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yea.. well like i said i know that i did everything the way i was suppose to.. Im sure it isnt the shift linkage or anything. The clutch is just not engaging at all. I can be cruising in 4th at 3,000 rpm and press the clutch and the rpms dont drop. It stays constant which lets me know that the clutch isnt engaging. Also i have to stop at every red light, cut the car off, put it in gear then crank it up and haul ass cause thats the only way it will go which is another reason i know the clutch isnt engaging. So i dont know what the crap it could be.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts