Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Honda
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats up. My clutch pedal is acting up. it has happened before but the person who fixed it for me is not available. Heres the problem: The past few days my clutch pedal has lost pressure more and more. when its pressed in all the way, it engauges almost immediatly on the way out. I woke up this morning and it was in first gear. i pushed the clutch in and started my car and it took off (while the clutch was pedal was pressed and th transmission in first gear.) i had to basically rip it out of gear becaseu the clutch pedal was usless. i know what the problem is,but dont know wat to do about it to fix it. The clutch master cylinder has a very slow leak in it, iknow this because my carpet near the cylinder is brown. so i knw it has no clutch fluid left for the master cylinder to work. Anyway, the person who did it before used DOT3 brake fluid and put it into the resevoir for the clutch i guess. Im not for sure exactly what he did becaseu i was inside of the car pumping the clutch pedal on his command (i think to get the fluid into and through the lines.) he turned some screw with a screw driver,and im not really sure which one and why.

basically, i need to know what exacly needs to be done to get fluid back into the line so my clutch will work again.

any help will be greatly appreciated.

D

·
0 Posts
He was bleeding the clutch. Look down to the left of your engine code you will see your clutch slave cylinder it will have a little bleeder valve on it. Get a buddy to help and bleed your clutch should help temporarily

·
Registered
Honda
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
D16Z6TURBO said:
He was bleeding the clutch. Look down to the left of your engine code you will see your clutch slave cylinder it will have a little bleeder valve on it. Get a buddy to help and bleed your clutch should help temporarily
should the valve just be turned and the clutch pedal pumped to get pressure in the line to bleed it? im not sure about anything in the transmission so i want to make sure that i do it correctly. after its bled do i just put fluid in the resevoir for the clutch?

thanks

D

·
0 Posts
Not after but while bleeding make sure the resevoir is kept full. Have someone sit in the car and pump the clutch pedal till it builds pressure then open the valve have a drainpan handy to keep the shop floor clean though. Your basic goal is to do this until there is no air in the lines. Also whoever is pumping the clutch might freak out as the clutch will drop to the floor no biggie just pull it back up and do it all over again. After this is all done go get a new master cylinder so you dont have to keep doing this and man fluid on the carpet thats just wrong!

·
Registered
Honda
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
D16Z6TURBO said:
Not after but while bleeding make sure the resevoir is kept full. Have someone sit in the car and pump the clutch pedal till it builds pressure then open the valve have a drainpan handy to keep the shop floor clean though. Your basic goal is to do this until there is no air in the lines. Also whoever is pumping the clutch might freak out as the clutch will drop to the floor no biggie just pull it back up and do it all over again. After this is all done go get a new master cylinder so you dont have to keep doing this and man fluid on the carpet thats just wrong!
thanks alot man i really arrpeciate it. i will give ya some rep for helpin me out. I know, ive already got a new one, well actually have had a new one for a few months, i just havent had time to replace it. Thanks for the reccomendation though.thanks agaon.

D

·
0 Posts
No problem guy just get that master cylinder done so you can avoid any future issues LOL

·
Registered
Honda
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
one last quick question. it is bled and owrks again i just need to know how to tell when the resevoir is full. there is no markings on it to tell.

D

·
0 Posts
Just enough so it isnt spilling out especially considering your little leaking prob. Also get a book on your car man trust me its worth it

1 - 8 of 8 Posts