Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys after doing alot of research i decided for my setup of in short a turbo d16 200-220whp daily driver I wanted to go with an OBX diff and the Clutchmasters fx200 clutch. Problem is the shop nearby doesn't have any clutch master kits in stock and it's currently backordered . So they are trying to convince me to buy this competition stage III clutch saying it's better higher performance and I'll save $150 ....

If anyone could inform me about any experience they have with the brand competition and specifically their stage 3 let me know.

If theyre just trying make a quick sale or if it really is a better product. This car is a daily driver EG Si it will see auto X and spirited driving every once in a while but mainly to work and back.

I can always order theClutchmasters online i was just trying to helplocal business

Attachments

·
Registered
Love the Civic
1,817 Posts

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
I dont think I have ever bought an off the shelf clutch..... but I hate sprung hubs with a passion and think they all should be destroyed with fire.

Also an OBX dif? Unless something drastic has changed recently, that is asking for trouble.

I dont mind cheap parts for lots of things, but buying knockoffs with little to no quality control on parts that require preciscion machining and assembly is a bad plan. Especially if you plan to just slap it in without taking the whole thing apart yourself and double checking everything.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was planning on taking apart the obx diff and bullet proofing it through a diy thread i found. I can get obx diff for 390 or mfactory for 550.

I figured the m factory is built better but costs kore when i can take apart the obx and double check everythjng i should be okay.

I wasnt asking for a "link" to research about clutches in general. Ive already researched and i like what the fx200 clutchmasters has to offer. I was asking specifically if anyone has any experience with that specific brand and model of clutch and how it held up longevity wise. Stuff is usually cheaper for a reason.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was planning on taking apart the obx diff and bullet proofing it through a diy thread i found. I can get obx diff for 390 or mfactory for 550.

I figured the m factory is built better but costs kore when i can take apart the obx and double check everyth jng i should be okay.

I wasnt asking for a "link" to research about clutches in general. Ive already researched and i like what the fx200 clutchmasters has to offer. I was asking specifically if anyone has any experience with that specific brand and model of clutch and how it held up longevity wise. Stuff is usually cheaper for a reason.
Here is a link to a site sponsors thread has some explanation of the different stages and will get you started on your research.

The stage III holds 150% over stock, so should hold up to say 200-220, based on 80-90hp stock. You might want more hold, but an more experienced turbo guy would know better. Im still stock.

http://www.d-series.org/forums/go-autoworks/98905-go-autoworks-now-has-competition-clutches.html
Thanks for link it has good info i was just asking on more personal experiences wise ?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts